Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Troubles Continue






So it is now June 10th, and I am still in Miami.  American Airlines told me that they would have my passport on a flight from St. Louis to Miami and I waited patiently, anxiously, for the passport to arrive.  This was the second time that my hopes were dashed waiting for the promises, broken promises, of the AA people.  It seemed so simple.

Thankfully my dad is gracious and kind.  He drove over immediately, picked up my passport physically, probably broke some land speed records trying to get to FEDEX and now I have been tracking a passport that is soon to arrive.  

My recommendations are:

- NEVER lose your passport.  It is TOO expensive to replace quickly and TOO difficult to deal with airlines, especially when they are fighting rising gas costs and understaffing.




- When in troubles, spend the extra $10-15 for a business-oriented hotel, like my plug for the Wyndham.  They have been helpful, friendly, the rooms are clean & contain nice amenities.  I slept well, was provided some much needed tolietries (mine are in Ecuador right now) and have been able to get answers to questions that I have had from flight times to how Fedex works at this hotel. (www.wyndham.com)

- When stuck dealing with airport problems, drink water more than soda or coffee, except in the morning as the coffee will help.  :) You will feel better and your body won't freak out too much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam ~

Sorry to hear about your travel troubles. However, I wanted to point out something interesting in your photo. The American Airlines Station is positioned suspiciously
close to that Drug Store in the left-hand corner - Coincidence...? I think not!

Irish Traveler said...

You may have an excellent point there. I dismissed the rows of pills behind the ticket counter as caffeine supplements. Perhaps it was something stronger. This is Miami after all. :)

Anonymous said...

You better hurry up and get to Endor before the Guinea Pigs get cold!

Irish Traveler said...

They told me "Eat all you want. We'll make more."

Anonymous said...

Bro,
I am so sorry for your passport issues. It is probably because I kept you up too late talking before you left so feel free to blame me! I hope you trip gets smoother. If it makes you feel better, mom got attacked by the cat last night at 2:30...she got spooked and attached herself to mom's forehead! Anyway, you are not the only one with troubles :) Miss you and enjoy everything...just remember that no matter how bad things go, there is always someone else who has it worse! Holly

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you finally made it to República del Ecuador.

...and as the previous blogger mentioned, it is always a good practice to remember that there are certainly people worse off than you. As an example, Something that you may not understand about A.D.D. is.....



...oh look a Central American Woolly Opossum !!!