Sunday, June 15, 2008

Quick Post

So - today we are going to watch Ecuador vs. Argentina in an important soccer match. Ecuador is presumed to lose, but wouldn´t it be cool to see them win. I hope so...never-the-less, I have to cheer with fervor. :)

Yesterday, we went to a mall, or centro comercial, and it was almost identical to the US. The music was modern, in English and popular in the US right now. The stores had everything and more that a US mall would have. AND just as expensive...so I need to avoid spending too much time there because the prices are so similar.

Last night I found out that I had a problem of communication. The daughter of Sr. Gutierrez is both married and the boy is her son. I thought that it was the son of his son that lives in New York. Everyone had a good laugh and then we looked at each others pictures... I think the rest of the family is beginning to warm up to this crazy foreigner. Until later, buenos dias!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,
It sounds like you are doing well and warming up to life in Ecudaor. I guess it won't be hard to spot Brent & Teresa if you see them coming back through! It sounds like your family is nice. What do they do and how many people live there? The pictures are beautiful and this is a wonderful experience for you. Dad & Mom just got back from Branson last night. They went to Silver Dollar City yesterday and then drove through a hail storm with golf ball size hail on the way home...many dents on the car! Well, I am sure you will hear from mom all about it. Do you have some sort of mail address? Will you be there on your birthday? Love ya, Holly