Thursday, June 19, 2008

85% For a Day

So after another crappy night, last night, with chills and a temperature, I had a pretty good day. I felt a sore throat this morning and that has pretty much continued but the weakness has diminshed greatly and I went out on a shopping excursion today...for me, but also for the indian children of the Amazon.

I bought books and crayons in Spanish because they do not have much of anything like that. I bought about 15 books and 2 boxes of crayons for them. I think that they will like them and it was kinda cool to see the Viajes de Gulivar (Gullivar´s Travels) and the Blancanieve (Snow White). I also found a bunch of hiking and mountaineering stores. Aparently, we were in the Gringo District because all of the American travelers and businessmen go through here. While many things were of similar prices there were also a bunch of things for a lot less.

Tomorrow, I have to give my speech, take a test and then I think we get more or less the afternoon off. Finally. :) Just for the record, while I thought that the Amazon trip was purely for interest and fun, not so. I have 1/2 day classes each day (including Sunday) and so it will be more learning...both a good thing and a frustrating one. I keep feeling like my head is going to explode with all of the language rules and exceptions and situations that I need to learn. It was funny to hear the niƱo Alex use the subjunctive/imperative tense at around 4 years of age. ¡No te vayas! ¡No te vayas! Abra la puerta. Abra la puerta. A tantrum by a young boy used to getting his way when he screams a lot.

The weather has been quite nice today. I hope that tomorrow continues the trend. I will try to upload pictures but I don´t think that it will work from here...

1 comment:

jhurst said...

I am sooo jealous