Thursday, June 19, 2008

Picture Catchup Time










The middle of the World....la Mitad del Mundo. The Ecuator. Crazy stuff here. You cannot walk in a straight line with your eyes closed (of course, sober) on the ecuator. You can (I couldn´t) balance an egg on its head. You can see an old sundial style clock. You can KIND OF see the burning of cardboard style paper by a powerful overhead sun through this glass ball. I saw the smoke and the paper just burn (no waiting...)






I also saw an Anaconda and wrestled him to death. OK OK ...he was already dead and under glass when I got to him...but he needs to look out. :) There was a huge snake skin on the wall...too large for the frame (anaconda again) that had to be more than 40 feet wide. YIKES!




I talked to my dad about this but the water that swirls in our drains and toliets at home in a certain swirling direction, does the opposite below the ecuator...the CRAZY thing is that on the ecuator, water does not swirl....it simply goes through. Here is a picture.


FYI: I updated a new post that I started 4-5 days ago and it has a new picture on it. :) For your viewing pleasure...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anaconda skin that was more than 40 feet wide!!!!....oh my gosh......all I can say is bye bye Sam....you should consider canceling your trip to the Amazon.

jhurst said...

Well, these pictures make me want to go