Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday

Well...its finally the weekend. Wow...I have only been here 3 days but it seems like a week. Pehaps because I only have 5 of 6 weeks left. But, I am enjoying myself and learning what it means to watch your belongings and be careful of yoru surroundings. I stick out like a sore thumb. BIG, WHITE, TALL...I am surrounded by an average height of 5 ft. 2 inches with dark hair, brown skin, and dark eyes. And everyone in the city seems to be cautious of the others, especially at night. I really need to make a friend to hang out with so that I can feel a little more secure when I leave.

My host family is nice, but I seem to always eat alone. I guess I am like a renter. I am not sure where the family goes, but they seem to be back around 8:30pm usually. Reina, the live-in cook is always there and at least that is nice. She yells at me SAMUEL, ALMUERZO....or CENAR. Anyway, it is good and I am becoming a local...a big, tall, white local. :)

Tonight I ate pork, I think, with home-fried potato chips, rice, 1/2 an avocado, a glass of pineapple juice (the regular), and a bowl of some sort of green broth that tasted like chicken broth. Every dinner has a bowl of soup and every breakfast a bowl of fresh (peeled) fruit. I am quite full, but I have not had a normal cup of coffee since I arrived and I am going to go next door and try a coffee shop.

I am sorry, this computer will not let me load my pictures. tomorrow then.

No comments: