Friday, May 23, 2008

Hawn & Friends


Last weekend I went to Hawn State Park in Missouri and did a late day Saturday hike in to camp at the southernmost point on the south loop. For various reasons, I went alone but I really needed the getaway from work, school, and home just to experience nature and relax. The weekend did not go as planned but worked out well in the end.

Hiking in beautiful weather with no adverse weather conditions shown on the radar or on television... who would have expected that it would rain all night.

Hiking on beautiful, well-maintained trails...who would have expected to be attacked by a family of ticks. (none attached...just on the clothes)

Hiking alone....who would have expected to spend 1.5 hours talking to new friends.

I met some really nice guys who do adventure racing. Check out their site: http://www.deathonthetrail.com/

I will put up some pictures soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN to those tick, I think I pulled 30 off me during our two day trip. Hope things are going well for you there. Probably better than they are here. Looking forward to the pictures...
Written by the one the only,
Kyle Gerecke . . adventure racing dude(the one with the beard)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! Your mom sent me the link, so I can finally be connected to you, but was reading your past blogs, and low and behold who would have known that I know Kevin, from the Adventure Racing Team. He worked at the BSU when I was there and I know him through friends, but we worked together on multiple projects. It is such a small world!!! Hope you are doing well! Good luck on all the Spanish, and Travis and I can't wait to see you when you get home!!! --Halley

Anonymous said...

wow Kyle knows Sam, Sam knows Halley, Halley knows me and I know Sam. How awesome is that. We hope you can join us when you get back.

-Kevin (the guy that is cool enough to not have to grow a beard or do something weird so that people remember him)